Hurricane Preparedness Workshop
Hurricane season in Hawai'i occurs roughly between June 1 and November 30, and it is important to be prepared. If you would like to learn more about what you can do to prepare for a hurricane, the University of Hawaii at Manoa Department of Public Safety (DPS) is offering virtual hurricane preparedness workshops via Zoom in June and July. Hosted by DPS Emergency Management Coordinator Jimmy Lagunero, the session covers:
- Hawai'i Watch and Warning systems
- Tips for preparing an emergency kit
- What to do when a hurricane is coming
- How to find a local hurricane shelter or shelter-in-place
- Resources and information about local and government agencies
This training is open to UH employees and students from all 10 campuses. Space is limited, so those who are interested should sign up soon. Currently, June sessions are full but they still have space for July sessions (see below).
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:00pm -- 2:00pm
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020 1:00pm -- 2:00pm
To register, click here.